BAALO (the Bulgarian Association of Agricultural Land Owners) solemnly celebrates its 15th Anniversary on June 16th, 2022, at the Central Military Club in Sofia
Some of the guests who honored the event were ELO Secretary-General Thierry de l’Escaille, Dobri Mitrev – Chairman of the Management Board of the Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA), representatives of state institutions, representatives from academia and scientific circles, the media, the non-governmental sector, agricultural advisers to the embassies of key partner countries to the Republic of Bulgaria, BAALO members.
Congratulatory addresses were received by Atidzhe Alieva-Veli – Member of the European Parliament, the Ministry of Agriculture, the National Industry Union of Bakers and Confectioners and the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
On the occasion of its 15th anniversary, BAALO selected and gave away awards in five categories:
1. The company award was received by Agrion Invest AD, with Executive Director Anatoli Georgiev. The award was presented by Galina Peycheva – Miteva, member of BAALO, as well as a member of the Board of Directors of ELO.
2. The Public Company Award was received by “Advance Terrafond” REIT, with Executive Director Radoslav Manolov. The award was presented by the Chairman of the Agricultural Academy, Prof. Martin Banov.
3. An award for Contribution to the Development of Agricultural Science was presented by the BIA (Bulgarian Industrial Association) President Dobri Mitrev to Prof. Dr.Sc.(Econ.) Dimitar Grekov, the Agricultural University of Plovdiv
4. For the journalist with a contribution to the objective presentation of the issues related to the rights of landowners and the activities of BAALO, was awarded Veselina Milanova from the Bulgarian National Radio. The award was presented to her by Stayko Staykov, BAALO Chairperson.
5. For an overall contribution to the development of land relations and the establishment of BAALO as a partner of the state in defining agricultural policies, the prize was received by Stayko Staykov, Chairman of the Management Board of BAALO and founder of the Association. He was presented the award by ELO Secretary-General Thierry de l’Escaille.
Honorary diplomas were also awarded to BAALO’s European and national partners, namely, ELO and the Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA), for the support they provide to the association and which, in the words of BAALO’s Chairman Stayko Staykov, “give confidence and self-assurance that we can successfully move forward”.
True to their traditions in the field of corporate social responsibility, the members and the management of BAALO decided that due to the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the organization, attention to important public causes and institutions must be given. The Central Agricultural Library (part of the Agricultural Academy) was supported by BGN 5 000. for the repair of a repository, in which the collection of rare and valuable editions will be preserved. More donations were collected at the entrance to the hall, where the guests of the celebration contributed with BGN 5,000 to the humane cause of the Bulgarian Red Cross to raise funds for the National Endowment Fund for assistance to children who have been injured in road accidents. “For us, the biggest gift will be to recognize this cause as your own and to give empathy during the festive cocktail,” said BAALO’s Chairman Stayko Staykov in his address to guests.
He stated that in the 15 years since its development, BAALO has carried out several successful charitable campaigns, including “Together against COVID-19” (2020 and 2021), through which donations supported those in need in 35 settlements, including institutions, health facilities, science, social homes and individuals. In addition, in the spring of this year, BAALO took part in the charity campaign of the Bulgarian Red Cross (BRC) “In aid of the victims of the conflict in Ukraine”.
A musical greeting to the guests of the celebration was performed by the folk duo Lydia & Bisera.
BAALO – 15 YEARS WITH CARE FOR THE BULGARIAN LAND